It's been a while since my last post... my apologies. Work, family, and life have gotten in the way. Even though I haven't been writing full blog posts, I have been keeping up with my twitter feed. If you haven't already done so, please follow http://www.twitter.com/cheapertv
Here's a quick catch-up on news and events:
- Verizon - I switched my internet and phone service to Verizon. So far I'm happy with the speed and reliability of Fios. I wasn't too satisfied with the buying experience. Note to Comcast and Verizon... people don't like introductory pricing. Tell us the price, and stick to it.
- Apple TV - this was announced during my hiatus. Looks like an interesting piece of equipment that will help people walk away from cable by offering various forms of media. Currently I'm not in the market for another box to view NetFlix, but if I were, I would consdier it.
- Boxee Box - It's available for pre-order on Amazon.com for $199. It's shipping in early November. Would make a nice Christmas gift.
- Roku - They dropped their price with the entry level model coming in at $59.99. As I've written a number of times... I love my Roku box. It's small, easy to use, and delivers a great picture quality.
- Hulu Plus - There are rumors that hulu plus is going to drop their price to $4.99 a month. At that price, it might be worth it. For now I'm holding off.
- Netflix - This is still the best entertainment value... bar none! You get so many great shows for less than $10 a month. I've been using lately to catch up on shows I never watched on broadcast TV. My wife and I went through all 6 seasons of The Office. GREAT SHOW!!!