Moving away from cable takes some serious planning. I always find it easiest to list out the tasks before jumping into a project. Below are my remaining tasks:
- Buy and install an Antenna - I have my eye on DB4 Multi Directional Antenna.
- Test Reception - before I cut the cable, I have to ensure I get good reception. Bad TV reception might put the whammy on my cable cutting plans.
- Subscribe to a Movie Service - Hello NetFlix and Roku
- Break the news - Let the kids know about my plans. I think it's best that they don't get much time to mourn the loss of Nickelodeon.
- Move the Phone - subscribe to a VOIP service and move my current home phone number.
- Call The Cable Company - break the bad news to Comcast.
- Live Cable Free!!!